What is a Consumer Directed Care Home Care Package?
A Home Care Package provides services that can:
- Help consumers to stay at home for as long as possible
- Give choice and flexibility in the way that care and support is provided to the consumer.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages which are designed to provide the care that is needed now. Levels 1 & 2 help people with basic or low level care needs; Levels 3 & 4 help people with intermediate to high level care needs.
The Australian Government pays a subsidy to an approved home care provider to provide care and services to consumers. The amount of funding depends on the level of the Home Care Package that is being received.
What types of services are provided?
- Personal care: such as help with showering, dressing, mobility, meal preparation, eating & fitting sensory communication aids.
- Support services: such as help with laundry, house cleaning, gardening, basic home maintenance, home modifications (related to care needs), and transport to help with shopping, visiting doctors or attending social activities.
- Clinical care: nursing, allied health and other therapies.
- Other services: such as remote monitoring technology (where appropriate) and assistive technology, including devices that assist mobility, communication and personal safety where these services are identified in the consumers care plan.
Additional government funding is also available to support people living at home with dementia through a new Dementia and Cognition Supplement. Veterans with a mental health condition accepted by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs as associated with service, may be eligible for a Veterans’ Supplement.
There are also supplements to assist people who have an ongoing medical need for oxygen support, and people who require enteral feeding. The supplements are available with any of the four levels of Home Care Packages. If eligible, funding will be paid to the home care provider.
Home care package (HCP)
Types of care
Servicing the following LGAs / council districts
In home care features
Types of care