Working through Aged Care matters is like a maze — there are so many choices which can be overwhelming and confusing for families. Here at Moneyplan we can help you and your family to understand your options whether you are looking at entering:
- Retirement villages
- Home Care Packages
- Residential (permanent or respite) aged care.
At Moneyplan, we can guide you through the many questions you may have including:
- What accommodation can I afford?
- Will my financial position improve or deteriorate?
- Could I be getting more age pension or a health care card?
- What will the fees be and can I reduce this?
- What are the options with our home?
- What is the impact on my beneficiaries after I pass away?
- Can I manage my cashflow / fees?
- Can I afford extra services?
If you have asked yourself any of the questions and are unsure of the answers, Moneyplan will be able to assist you. Our advice and assistance can include the following:
- Options available for the family home — implications of renting or selling
- Options to fund the accommodation payment and ongoing age care fees
- Assistance in completing Centrelink’s assessment form, if appropriate
- Review existing investments
- Review retirement village contracts
- Review Estate Planning position — Wills and Power of Attorneys.
We will guide you through this complex process. We don’t know how long you will live but we will provide advice on how to structure your finances to make them last as long as possible.
If you are contemplating aged care options or buying into a retirement village, consider getting some financial advice from specialists. We offer a free, no obligation initial meeting whereby we can work through your options and provide some guidance. We can arrange to meet you at our Northcote, City or Essendon offices.
Where appropriate we may proceed to preparing a full Statement of Advice which will detail your options, costs and outcomes which can be used as your blueprint. This is a very useful document for discussion with other family members.
- Available in VIC
- Financial Services