Set in tropical leafy surrounds just five kilometres from the centre of Cairns, your home at Mercy Place Woree is warm and welcoming, conveniently located close to local supermarkets, banks, post offices & cafes for services, shopping & socialising.
The home is serviced by a network of allied health services including physiotherapy, audiology and dentistry. A Registered Nurse is onsite at all times, to ensure your clinical care needs are met. You’ll also enjoy a varied menu of fresh and nutritious meals prepared daily and catering to specific dietary requirements.
It's your home so you're able to come and go as you please. We're here to assist you live your life easily and safely.
Talk to our resident liaison officer to discuss how we can best care for you or your loved ones.
Our home's features include
- Bright and well maintained shared and single rooms
- Reverse cycle air conditioner with individual thermostat control in your room
- Communal living areas to entertain visitors
- Seasonal menus of nutritious meals cooked catering for your specific dietary needs
- The latest equipment and technology to ensure safety and security
- Easy access to your local community with public transport located nearby
- Library stocked with your favourite reads
- Our chapel gives residents, their family and friends quiet time for reflection and meditation
- A laundry service is available onsite.
Living life your way at Mercy Place Woree
Your life at Mercy Place Woree will include outings, concerts for you at home, indoor bowls, gardening, craft groups and cooking classes. The lifestyle team helps you maintain the interests and hobbies you love. Your family and friends are welcome to visit you at your Mercy Place home at any time.
Sharing your life story
We value your life story, knowing this is what makes you the person you are today. Mercy Place residents are encouraged to capture their life stories. We connect our residents with the community and their families to record their lives – with as much or as little information they wish to share – and create a presentation for Mercy employees, their families and friends.
A great reminiscence tool, the project provides the care team with the knowledge about the residents, which enables them to create meaningful conversations, build relationships and treat the person as an individual.
We're here to help. Contact us now to book a tour.