Your home at Mercy Place Abbottsford is located in Melbourne's inner city and has the best of both the urban environment and the natural seclusion of its beautiful Yarra River setting. Adjacent to the home is the vibrant Abbotsford Convent arts and wellbeing precinct.
The home is serviced by a network of allied health services including physiotherapy, audiology and podiatry. You’ll also enjoy a varied menu of fresh and nutritious meals prepared in our kitchen and catering to specific dietary requirements. It's your home so you're able to come and go as you please. We're here to assist you live your life easily and safely.
We provide a full range of care so you can remain in your new home as your care needs change.
Talk to our resident liaison officer to discuss how we can best care for you or your loved ones.
Our home's features include:
- Single and shared rooms with shared ensuite bathrooms
- Airconditioning and heating
- Communal living areas to entertain visitors
- Nutritious meals cooked right here in our kitchen
- The latest equipment to ensure safety and security
- Easy access to your local community with public transport located nearby
- Library stocked with your favourite reads
- Our chapel gives residents, their family and friends quiet time for reflection and meditation
- A laundry service is available onsite
- Feel your best with a hair salon and beauty therapist conveniently located in the home.
Living life your way at Mercy Place Abbotsford
Your life at Mercy Place Abbotsford will include outings, concerts for you at home, indoor bowls, gardening, craft groups and cooking classes. The lifestyle team helps you maintain the interests and hobbies you love.
Your family and friends are welcome to visit you at your Mercy Place home at any time. Share quality time together in the lounge areas or watch a film in the theatre room. You and your family and friends can also visit our beautifully restored chapel for regular services or quiet reflection – it's located between the convent and the aged care home.
Sharing your life story
We value your life story, knowing this is what makes you the person you are today. Mercy Place residents are encouraged to capture their life stories. We connect our residents with the community and their families to record their lives – with as much or as little information they wish to share – and create a presentation for Mercy employees, their families and friends.
A great reminiscence tool, the project provides the care team with the knowledge about the residents, which enables them to create meaningful conversations, build relationships and treat the person as an individual.
We're here to help. Contact us now to book a tour.