Day respite - daytime care for the aged who live at home in Boronia, Coburg North, Hughesdale, Narre Warren, Narre Warren South, Parkdale, Carrum Downs and Traralgon areas.
How do I book day respite?
Call one of our sites to speak to our friendly staff.
We will assess your respite needs and outline eligibility and assessment requirements. Arrangements can also be made to visit our facilities to trial our services. Our Admission Teams will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the service, including fees and care planning.
Who can use this service?
Our day respite services are available to people over the age of 65 and are subject to assessment by the Manager or our nominated representative.
How much does it cost?
The program operates on a reasonable fee-for-service basis which can be discussed at time of enquiry. Costs may vary slightly depending on the level of care required.
What is day respite care?
Our low level care day respite program offers daytime care for the aged who live at home. Medical and Aged Care Group homes are safe and welcoming, offering socialisation and stimulation programs for your loved one as well as respite for carers.
Access to allied health, nursing, hairdressing and other services may also be arranged for those attending the day program, providing further assistance to carers. Our day respite service has a focus on healthy, positive living through structured activity programs.
Our staff are highly skilled and experienced in specific areas of low level residential care including:
- Dementia and related illness
- Challenging behaviours
- Complex medical
- Mobility issues
- Disability and frailty.
What services are offered?
We offer comprehensive services including:
- Regular community outings
- Assistance with personal care including medications
- Structured leisure and lifestyle activities are offered to individuals and small groups. Programs are designed to support, maintain and respond to individual client needs.
- Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch are provided. Consideration is given to special dietary needs and staff are available to provide full assistance if required.
- Clients can be self-referred, referred by a General Practitioner or other Health Practitioner.
The needs of clients and carers are assessed and regularly reviewed to assist in providing high quality care. Our program offers a far better alternative to home care, as they can have qualified nursing staff for the entire time they are in our care from one to eight hours. We have a flexible approach to meeting the needs of the client and their family.
Centre based care features
Types of care
Additional details: Fee for service applicable