Through our residential aged care services, Mayflower is committed to providing holistic care options that meet the needs of our residents, and their families, in relation to individual clinical, physical, social, spiritual and emotional support. Ultimately, our aim is to maintain the independence, lifestyle and social relationships of our residents in a secure and harmonious environment.
At Mayflower we consult with every new resident and their family representative to develop an individually tailored Care Plan that meets needs and wishes of that resident. This Care Plan is monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that Mayflower responds to any changes in health status or requirements.
Mayflower's focus on person-centred care is also reflected in our qualified nursing staff, who monitor and manage the health and wellbeing of our residents 24 hours a day. In conjunction the personal care staff provides services including assistance with dressing, bathing, meals and other activities of daily living.
The Brighton site has 150 residential care beds, including a 30 bed dementia specific unit with 24 hour care provided in the following three types of accommodation:
- Private room with private ensuite
Standard room with private ensuite, with access to communal lounge and dining rooms.
- Private room with private ensuite in new wing
These deluxe rooms located in the newly opened wing of Ada Hyde House have the newest of facilities, sitting lounges, easy access to a recreational terrace and rooms has over bed tracking systems to assist with mobility. Room has in-room television and storage.
- Private room with private ensuite with deluxe private balcony
Our premium rooms overlook private 14sqm balconies, for residents to relax and enjoy the sun, cultivate their own miniature garden or simply relax in style. Located in our newest wing, these rooms offer all the latest facilities and personal care options including, over bed tracking system, flat screen television and your own private ensuite. Close to dining rooms, sitting lounges and recreational terrace.
- Café which is open to the public – eat in and takeaway
- Shop with gifts, sweet treats, greeting cards and magazines
- Large meeting/multi-function space that can be booked for private functions
- Reflection room with weekly services for various religious denominations
- Library with books, DVDs, and board games
- Hairdressing/Beauty Salon
- Lush open gardens
- Billiard table
- Outdoor bowling green
- Community Bus for outings and excursions.