Fred French is located in Newstead, just a few kilometres from the City of Launceston. Residents have access to new, bright and beautiful outdoor and indoor spaces to relax and spend time in. Delivering high quality, customised services to meet the needs of our residents is central to everything we do.
Fred French is a modern space with light and airy rooms. Relax in our open outdoor areas. Filled with plants and flowers, they’re a quiet place to sit and enjoy the sun. Enjoy life in your private and spacious room. Get a makeover – or keep your current do looking sharp – with our on-site salon.
- Residential care
- Short term care
- Respite care.
- New outdoor green spaces and facilities to enjoy
- Physiotherapy and pain management services from Transform Physio
- Freshly-cooked meals by qualified chefs and expert kitchen staff, seven days a week
- Vibrant lifestyle and leisure programs in collaboration with our Day Therapy Centre at Peace Haven in Norwood
- School visits and collaborative projects with Scotch Oakburn College
- Monthly resident meeting
- Pet therapy.
"I just wanted to thank you again for providing our students the opportunity to visit, interact and learn from the residents at Fred French." Clyde Goosen, Teacher, Scotch Oakburn College
Nursing home features
- Large home (102 beds)
- Considers partners without an ACAT assessment
Types of care
- Residential aged care