Norman House provides quality overnight and day respite services allowing the carer to have a break in the knowledge that the person whom they normally care for is in a happy, safe and homely atmosphere for a few hours or a few days.
Whilst Norman House is dedicated to proving their guests with a relaxing and welcoming homely environment, the equal emphasis is on allowing day-to-day carers to have some much needed time to themselves, or to meet with family and friends, go shopping or even take a holiday.
Norman House has four beautifully furnished bedrooms so can take four overnight guests with, or without their partners, and up to 12 people during the day.
Features and benefits:
- Located in Everard Park within easy walk of the tram line to Adelaide City or Glenelg
- Adjacent to Life Care’s Parkrose Village Independent Living and Residential Living facilities where day guests join in many of the activities
- Four individual rooms with two shared bathrooms
- Meals, cakes and biscuits cooked daily on-site by the staff
- Table tennis undercover
- Gazebo with sitting area to enjoy a quiet drink or read
- Regular BBQ and social activities
- External outings to the local swimming pool, Glenelg or the City
- Electronic gates provide safe access and a secure environment
- Street parking
- Carer support group held monthly
- Visiting Chaplain
- Norman House does not provide nursing care or medical attention.
The cost of respite will depend on what services you require, so to discuss your individual needs or simply to learn more, please contact us.