Life Care is committed to supporting people who want to stay in their own home, remain independent and continue to be a part of their local community.
Home Support Program
The Home Support Programs, (previously known as the Home and Community Care Programs - HACC) aim to help people continue to live in the community with just a little assistance to maximise their independence.
Support is given through delivery of timely, high quality basic support services. It is centered around your personal goals, preferences and choices.
Our programs include:
- Assistance with participation in social activities
- House cleaning, coordinate and access any appointments, assistance with shopping
- In-home respite for Caregivers.
Home Care Packages
Home Care Packages combine a range of support services tailored to meet your specific needs to give you choice and control in the support you need, and to assist you to stay independent in your own home. The types of services provided will be facilitated by an Advisor to suit individual requirements. They may be:
- Personal Care - help with showering, dressing, mobility, meal preparation and eating
- Support Services - help with washing and ironing, house cleaning, basic home maintenance, modifications (such as hand rails in the shower), transport to help with shopping, appointments or to attend social events
- Clinical Care - nursing or other allied health support such as physiotherapy (exercise, mobility, strength and balance) and podiatry (foot care).
There are four levels of Home Care Packages, starting at the Level 1 package which supports people with personal care needs though to a Level 4 package which supports people with clinical care needs.
A Life Care at Home Advisor will discuss with you what your needs are and what services could be provided within the agreed package level to assist you to stay in your own home.