Moving family members into aged care is a difficult & emotionally draining experience. The need to move often arrives with little warning and leads to a complex array of decisions related to bonds, Centrelink, the family home, income tested fees, contracts and the list goes on.
At Joseph Palmer & Sons we have a deep knowledge of the aged care system and all its intricacies and have gone through the transition to aged care with our own parents. Our personal journeys, together with our professional experience in financial services, enable us to provide expert advice and guidance through a difficult and emotional time.
We will demystify aged care to ensure the most appropriate decisions are made and an optimal financial outcome achieved.
Specific areas of consideration include:
- Negotiating and structuring the refundable accommodation deposit
- Minimising means tested fees / Maximising entitlements
- Consideration of impacts on pension payments
- Financial modelling with respect to funding the upfront and ongoing costs
- Liaising with Centrelink
- Decisions regarding the family home
- Completion of all paperwork
- Estate planning & investment considerations
- Assistance with sourcing appropriate accommodation.
“Ageing parents no longer able to live an independent life was a challenge and the process of finding an aged care solution was, frankly, overwhelming. After seeking advice from Joseph Palmer & Sons our situation was resolved quickly with placement being found in an aged care facility we didn’t even know existed. Joseph Palmer & Sons provided immediate comfort and clarity and we are ever grateful.”
Sean and Rosi M
“I was completely confused and bewildered but Joseph Palmer & Sons took care of everything. They negotiated the bond, achieved a lowering of the income assessed fees and qualified my parents for an increased pension payment. Knowing my parents’ needs were being taken care of properly and professionally gave me much needed peace of mind through this difficult period.”