The Italo-Australian Welfare & Cultural Centre Inc (IAWCC) has been a peak organisation in the Italian community since its inception in 1956, and over the years it has helped many thousands of people through its charitable fundraising events and through the many educational, welfare and cultural programs and social activities which are offered for the benefit of both the Italian and Australian Communities respectively.
Funded by the Department of Social Services, the main objectives of the Healthy Ageing Programs are to:
- Support the Italian Community, including the South West Regional Italian Community;
- Provide aged care information and assistance to the Italian Community;
- Promote better linkages between aged care providers and the Italian Community;
- Provide assistance and support to aged care providers and Aged Care Assessment Teams by delivering cultural briefings to enhance services to the Italian Community; and
- Organise educational information seminars and workshop sessions on aged care issues.
Please contact us for more information.
The Italo-Australian Welfare & Cultural Centre takes pride in its quality of service and its quality of care