Since 1976 our aim has been to ensure everyone in our North East Melbourne community has access to high quality support and care.
healthAbility offers a broad selection of services that can help improve your quality of life and support you to live independently, actively and safely in your home and within the community.
These services are available to everyone needing assistance in their home or support to engage in community programs.
Our experience in delivering a comprehensive range of supports and services, including Therapies and Allied Health, makes healthAbility a trusted provider of Home Care Package services.
We offer the following In Home and Community Supports:
- Social Support Groups - Provides activities to help older people and people with disability to live a healthier, more rewarding and socially engaged life.
- Social Support for Individuals - We support individuals to achieve their social goals by providing access to community and recreational activities. And to have some fun!
Our Social Support workers understand that discretion and independence are important and will be there to assist you to truly be part of your community.
- Domestic Assistance - General housekeeping tasks are provided by our respectful and efficient team, including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, wet areas and kitchen benches, laundry and basic ironing, etc.
- Respite - We provide respite supports and activities, in home, in the community or based in our centre, which are tailored to your needs and the needs of the person you care for. This includes overnight support.
We also run groups specific to the needs of carers, to provide respite and social interaction with other carers.
- Home Maintenance - We can help maintain a safe home environment to ensure you or someone you care for continues to live as safely and independently as possible in their own home. This includes doing small maintenance and repair jobs like unsticking doors and windows, smoke alarm batteries, fix loose floorboards, replacing light globes, etc.
On an as needs or regular basis, we can provide lawn mowing, weeding, plant care, pruning, etc. to maintain your garden.
- Meal Preparation - We can plan and prepare nutritious meals and assist with shopping to maintain a diet that you or someone you care for is used to in the comfort of home. This can be done with you or on your behalf.
- Personal Support - Our qualified and trusted team can provide support with showering, assistance with self-medication and other activities of daily living to enable you or someone you care for to live with dignity in their own home.
- Transport - To enable people to live as independently and healthy as possible, we understand the need for you or someone you care for to get to places outside of home for support and to stay connected to community.
healthAbility’s Therapies and Allied Health services include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Diet and Nutrition Advice
- Counselling and Psychology
- Exercise Physiology
- Diabetes Education
- Community Nursing
- Speech Pathology
- Exercise and Education Support Groups.