There’s no place like home.
We all agree that there is no place like home. Knowing that your loved ones are being cared for in the comfort and safety of their own home brings us peace of mind. For most people living independently in your own home as you age is what you want. But sometimes you might need some help with daily tasks that you can no longer manage as well on your own.
The Home Care Package Program provides packages of care and services to meet higher level needs and helps you live independently in your home. The Home Care Packages Program allows you to tailor a coordinated range of care and services to help you meet your care needs and achieve your goals.
For example, you might need help with home maintenance, such as changing light bulbs. You might also need minor aids and equipment, like a walking frame, to help you get around your home safely and easily. Or you might need help with tasks like dressing or preparing meals. As you get older, you may also need some level of nursing care to stay in your own home.
GWC Community Services also provides a variety of different Social Support and Centre Based Respite Groups for the frail aged, Greek speaking and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) background, as well as people with dementia. The program is coordinated by highly trained staff and includes transport to and from the centres. All participants can expect to be treated with dignity and respect. They will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, enjoy meeting new people, and also have a meal in a relaxed and enjoyable setting.
We currently have groups for frail aged, and people living with dementia throughout Sydney (South-West, South-East, West and North) and Illawarra regions.
The Centre operates:
- sixteen Social Support Groups for CALD Frail Aged
- five CALD Centre Based Respite
These programs provide socialisation for the frail aged and respite for carers of frail aged and with people living with dementia. The range of care and services available under a Home Care Package includes:
- Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 Home Care Packages
- Domestic Assistance: Cleaning including vacuuming, mopping, fridge, oven, Dishwashing, Changing bed linen, Clothes washing, Ironing, Spring cleaning
- Personal Care: Bathing, Going to the toilet, Grooming, Dressing, Getting in and out of bed, Moving about the house
- Meals: Assistance with eating, Meal preparation
- Transport: To and from shopping, Visit your doctor, Attend social activities
- Nursing, Allied Health and Other Clinical services: Hearing services, Vision services, Occupational Therapy, Continence management, Medication prompting, Physiotherapy.
If you would like further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our head office at Newtown - Free Call 1800 77 66 42.