Goonawarra is your home away from home. Complete with sweeping verandas, landscaped gardens and secluded courtyards, and with garden views from each generously-sized room, this one-level, federation-style residence will charm you.
Our engaging lifestyle program provides each resident with stimulation, while our location, backing on to picturesque Sunbury parkland, provides the ideal place to call home. In every way, at Goonawarra we want you to enjoy the best quality of life which Japara can offer.
An exciting refurbishment has been completed, which includes revamped gardens and courtyards, a new outdoor barbecue and dining area, self-serve café, and private ensuites for all single rooms.
- 24 hour care, with Registered Nurses onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Specialised, secure environment for those living with dementia
- Palliative care
- Caring, committed, compassionate staff
- Individualised care and therapy plans
- Respite and permanent care available
- Your own doctor or specialist
- Chef cooked & prepared nutritious and delicious meals.
- Private or shared room accommodation available, all with private ensuites
- Relaxing day rooms, lounges and dining areas
- Beautiful courtyards and gardens.
Activities and services:
- Personalised lifestyle program, seven days a week
- Regular group and individual outings and community activities
- Bus outings ( scenic drives, shopping trips, lunches)
- Men’s Group
- Audiometry and audiology
- Dental technician and dentist
- Physiotherapy and physio-aides
- Speech therapy
- Spiritual and pastoral guidance
- Signature by Japara Silver packages available
- Signature by Japara Wellness Package available.
Nursing home features
- Large home (120 beds)
- Considers partners without an ACAT assessment