Goodwin Village Ainslie offers a retirement village and residential aged care on the one site.
At Goodwin, quality of life is our mantra.
The village offers modern, stylish apartments and villas for seniors living independently, centred around an exclusive residents' clubhouse with licensed cafe and bar, games rooms, cinema and our lifestyle officer who organises a weekly social calendar.
The residential care facility, Goodwin House is one of only a small number of live-in care facilities in the ACT that provides 24-hour onsite staff nurses, seven days a week. We also offer a range of quality clinical care services such as one-to-one nurse clinics led by a geriatrician working closely with our own Aged Care Specialist Nurse Practitioner.
Our approach is person-centred care, meaning we treat you as a whole person, including mental and emotional wellbeing, not just a “diagnosis”.
Choose comfort and lifestyle
The architect-designed Goodwin House offers a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, thanks to an impressive foyer featuring a large exotic fish tank, grand piano and relaxing lounge.
You have opportunity to balance privacy within your beautifully appointed room, with opportunities to socialise and take advantage of our outstanding range of facilities and garden areas. Our dedicated activities team is there to ensure you have fun, social and stimulating things to do every day – from games, to light fitness and wellness classes, to language lessons, visits from local entertainers and outings on the Goodwin bus.
Choose fresh home-style meals
We understand that food is another important enjoyment in life. Our quality, home style food is cooked fresh on site daily and includes five or more courses a day with rotating seasonal menus designed with our hotel services experts and dietician.
Choose the better life
A significant number of beds across Goodwin facilities are reserved for people with low means. We offer:
- daily wellness/exercise sessions
- a team of activities officers for regular activities, outings and events
- secure garden areas with shared garden beds for residents to tend
- geriatric assessment and review
- allied health assessment and review
- regular one-to-one registered nurse clinics
- onsite aged care specialist nurse practitioner
- specialist dementia care in purpose-designed enabling environments, including leisure and lifestyle program underpinned by Montessori method dementia care.
For details about coming into live-in care at Goodwin, contact our Admissions Officer on 02 6175 5192.
Nursing home features
- Large home (108 beds)
- Has extra service beds
- Specialist services: Allied health and well being services available
Types of care
Additional details: Architect designed, comfortable & welcoming atmosphere