These events pose risks for aged care and other health and community service sector organisations, their assets, people, clients and communities.
The South Australian Council of Social Service (SACOSS) and Red Cross are holding a free workshop for NGOs/non-profits in the aged care, health and community services sectors to gain a greater understanding of the risks to your organisation, and what to do about them.
In particular, senior executives, risk managers and board members are encouraged to attend. Organisations are very welcome to register up to three people.
The workshop covers:
- Climate risk for the aged and community services sector
- Impact of emergencies or disasters on the sector and clients
- Using risk assessment tools to enhance decision-making
- Building preparedness and resilience in your organisation, clients and community
- Tools, resources and strategies to support effective action
There are multiple sessions available in the metro area targeting different types of services.
When: 1 September, 2021 at 1pm
Where: SACOSS - Marjorie Black House in Unley, Adelaide
To learn more about the workshops or to book yourself a spot, head to the SACOSS website.