Over two days, the face to face course will be equivalent to 14 continuing professional development hours, and will allow participants to improve in:
- Describing the anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Outlining the process of wound healing
- Identifying factors which impact on wound repair
- Engaging with the HEIDI assessment strategy
- Discussion of recent developments in debridement and wound hygiene
- Reviewing dressing function in protease and microbial management
- Updating the aetiologies and clinical practice associated with skin tears, pressure injuries, leg ulcers, and diabetic foot injuries
- Discussion around the current theories and practice recommendations involving wound infection and biofilm
- Examining advances in oedema management and compression therapy
The whole course is interactive and will incorporate focused group discussions and small group case-study based activities.
Where: Australian College of Nursing, Parramatta, Sydney, NSW, 2150.