Information and Advocacy for Older Victorians
Elder Rights Advocacy (ERA) supports older people’s right to quality care.
We offer free, confidential and independent advocacy assistance, and information, to older people (and their family carers or representatives) who are seeking to or receiving Australian Government subsidised aged care services in Victoria. Our services include:
- Home Care Packages and other home and community care
- Residential care
- Elder abuse prevention and response
- Education for consumers and family carers, representatives and the community
- Education for service providers, and
- Systemic advocacy to Government in conjunction with our OPAN member counterparts.
ERA's vision is for a diverse, vibrant, multicultural community, where older people are respected, heard and well-informed, and can exercise their rights and responsibilities with confidence.
- help you to understand and support your rights
- explain the services provided and the costs
- help you to negotiate with your service provider about something you are unhappy about
- liaise with your service provider to ensure you have choice and control of the services in your care plan
- promote community awareness of the rights of older people.
If you, or someone you know, would benefit from aged care information or advocacy, or to book an education session, please contact us on Free-call 1800 700 600 or *(03) 9602 3066 [note: *mobile and SDT rates may apply to the landline].
You can send us a message below or visit www.era.asn.au to access our enquiry and bookings pages.
Advisors & Professional Services
- Available in VIC