Raise Your Voice. Raise Your Profile.
Become a COTA member.
COTA is the peak body for older Australians. COTA informs and influences all levels of Government, the business sector and the general community to deliver better outcomes for people aged over 50. Our work draws on the opinions of today’s older people and concerns for future generations and is guided by the following principles:
- promoting positive views of ageing and rejecting ageism,
- maximising the social, economic and political participation of older people,
- formulating and presenting sustainable and responsible policies to Government and business,
- raising awareness of the ongoing value and contribution of older people, and
- maintaining and extending services and programs that are used and valued.
COTA is unique because it provides its members with ongoing opportunities to directly tell us about issues that matter to them.
We ask, “what concerns you as an older person?" and then we act on that information. Our members are represented because COTA sits on numerous advisory groups which have the power to bring about change. The issues and outcomes we are constantly fighting for include:
- Mature Age Employment - ensuring older people fully participate in the labour force,
- Retirement Income - maintaining the pension against the real cost of living in retirement,
- Age Discrimination - reducing deeply instilled ageist attitudes in the community,
- Public Transport - providing more investment into innovative community transport options,
- Housing - increasing the supply of affordable and appropriate housing,
- Aged Care and Health Services - providing more control for people to remain in their community, and
- Essential Services - ensuring concessions maintain their real value.
COTA also delivers innovative services and provides information to tens of thousands of older people that promotes health and wellbeing and helps overcome social isolation.
We have made a great deal of progress however, there is still a lot more that needs to and can be done.
Membership is the lifeblood of COTA. An engaged and growing membership enables COTA to become more influential. You can become a member today for just $34 for one person or $44 for two people at the same address.
As a thankyou for your support, you will also have access to the Ambassador Card Rewards & Savings Program through your COTA Membership Card.
As a member, you will also have access to:
- Four issues per year of our members' magazine, ONECOTA - a 56 page, full colour magazine
- COTA Insurance - the insurance specialists for COTA members
- COTA Home Maintenance Services - for small and large jobs around the home
- Events, workshops and seminars on informative and interesting topics.
Call 1300 1400 50 or visit our website to learn more or to join.
Insurance underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (Allianz) AFSL No. 234708 ABN 15 000 122 850. Travel insurance is issued and managed for Allianz by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 24563, trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Insurance and Membership Services Ltd ABN 59 057 159 743 trading as COTA Insurance acts as agent for Allianz and Allianz Global Assistance. We do not provide advice on this insurance based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision, please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement available by calling 1300 1300 50. We receive a percentage of the premium paid for each policy ranging from 5% to 25%.
Advisors & Professional Services
- Available across Australia