Catholic Homes operates the Day Therapy Centre in Guildford, WA. Our services are proudly based on Catholic values and welcomes people of all faiths and backgrounds.
This is a federally funded initiative which provides Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Podiatry services to older people living in the community and to low care residents in aged care hostels. Our goal is to assist clients to improve or maintain their independence and cognitive abilities.
We accept referrals from clients, their family/friends, GPs, hospitals, Social Workers, Community Health Workers, Allied Health Professionals and the Aged Care Assessment Team.
New clients are fully assessed by our Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist and a treatment program is formulated to meet their needs.
Clients are required to contribute a very small fee for the above services. These fees may be waived in the case of financial hardship. Transport is also available for a minimal fee. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea is provided.
Our service area is: Bayswater, Ashfield, Bassendean, Eden Hill, Kiara, Lockridge, Hazelmere, Caversham, Guildford, Henley Brook, South Guildford, West Swan, Baskerville, Bellevue, Greenmount, Boya, Helena Valley, Herne Hill, Jane Brook, Koongamia, Middle Swan, Midland, Midvale, Millendon, Red Hill, Stratton, Swan View, Viveash and Woodbridge. Surrounding areas may also be included.
St Vincent’s Day Therapy Centre offers the following therapy services:
- Assessment and treatment for specific conditions;
- Falls prevention and balance retaining;
- Pain management;
- Strengthening and flexibility program;
- Prescription and review of mobility aids; and
- Healthy living and wellbeing.
- Enhancement of memory skills;
- Management of anxiety, stress and depression;
- Retraining in skills of daily living;
- Upper limb rehabilitation;
- Positioning and pressure care;
- Support and advice for people living with dementia;
- Work simplification and energy conservation; and;
- Equipment advice and education.
- Diagnosis and treatment of problematic nails, corns/calluses and foot related problems;
- Assessment, treatment and monitoring of the feet of a person with diabetes; and
- Advice on orthotic footwear and insoles.
Please contact us by telephone, email or fax to schedule an appointment or to discuss your therapy needs.
Day therapy centre features
Additional details: No matter what level of support you need, our team of allied health professionals will create a personalised program that allows you to continue to do the things you love