Home is where the heart is!
Located at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges Boronia residential aged care is a welcoming place to live. Surrounded by homely comforts, our residents have every opportunity to remain as independent as possible through the support and encouragement they receive from our caring staff. The large sun filled BBQ area and outdoor courtyards are the perfect place for residents and visitors to sit, spend time together and relax
Boronia residential aged care comprises of 70 beds and provides comfortable homelike accommodation in single rooms with bathrooms/toilets, large shared rooms offer comfortable couples accommodation, all rooms have access to the lounge areas, activities/private dining room and outdoor areas.
- residents are encouraged to decorate rooms with memorabilia from home
- residents are provided 24-hour care from qualified registered nurses and care staff allied health professionals visit regularly
- located close to a large shopping complex
- onsite laundry with excellent facilities
- off street parking for visitors
- day program
- respite care
- palliative care
Person Centered Care
Lifestyle at Boronia Residential Aged Care
Our experienced Lifestyle programs are designed to cater for both the individual residents as well as participation in small groups; they are designed to preserve the privacy, dignity, skills, memory and independence of our residents. Maintaining a community connection is vital to the wellbeing of everyone, we actively encourage the involvement of family, friends and the broader community at Boronia residential aged care.
Some of our activities that assist in keeping residents active and engaged include:
- church services multi denomination
- entertainment, concerts and displays
- outdoor activities and bus outings to places of interest
- reminiscence and sensory groups
- dementia programs
- games, cards, floral craft, newspaper reading and more
- physiotherapy and exercise programs
- access to local community activities
- music therapy
- hairdresser on site
- gardening programs
Enjoyable mealtimes are something that all residents look forward to. Dietitian recommended delicious home cooked meals that meet all special dietary requirements are prepared onsite, alternatives to the menu are available and suggestions from residents are welcomed.
- menus change weekly
- approved by dietitians to ensure that nutritional needs are met
- prepared by our cooks to the highest standards of quality, taste and presentation
- we cater for all cultural and medical requirements
- menus reflect the residents’ meal preferences