Home is where the heart is!
Located at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges Boronia residential care is a welcoming place to live. Surrounded by homely comforts, our residents have every opportunity to remain as independent as possible through the support and encouragement they receive from our caring staff. The large sun filled BBQ area and outdoor courtyards are the perfect place for residents and visitors to sit, spend time together and relax
Boronia residential aged care comprises of 70 beds and provides comfortable homelike accommodation in single rooms with bathrooms/toilets, large shared rooms offer comfortable couples accommodation, all rooms have access to the lounge areas, activities/private dining room and outdoor areas.
- residents are encouraged to decorate rooms with memorabilia from home
- residents are provided 24-hour care from qualified registered nurses and care staff allied health professionals visit regularly
- located close to a large shopping complex
- onsite laundry with excellent facilities
- off street parking for visitors
- day program
- respite care
- palliative care.
Person Centered Care
Lifestyle at Boronia Residential Aged Care
Our experienced Lifestyle programs are designed to cater for both the individual residents as well as participation in small groups; they are designed to preserve the privacy, dignity, skills, memory and independence of our residents. Maintaining a community connection is vital to the wellbeing of everyone, we actively encourage the involvement of family, friends and the broader community at Boronia residential aged care.
Some of our activities that assist in keeping residents active and engaged include:
- church services multi denomination
- entertainment, concerts and displays
- outdoor activities and bus outings to places of interest
- reminiscence and sensory groups
- dementia programs
- games, cards, floral craft, newspaper reading and more
- physiotherapy and exercise programs
- access to local community activities
- music therapy
- hairdresser on site
- gardening programs.
Enjoyable mealtimes are something that all residents look forward to. Dietitian recommended delicious home cooked meals that meet all special dietary requirements are prepared onsite, alternatives to the menu are available and suggestions from residents are welcomed.
- menus change weekly
- approved by dietitians to ensure that nutritional needs are met
- prepared by our cooks to the highest standards of quality, taste and presentation
- we cater for all cultural and medical requirements
- menus reflect the residents’ meal preferences.
Nursing home features
Types of care
Additional details: Dementia care available
All rooms are furnished with high/low electric beds, floor to ceiling inbuilt wardrobes. All rooms have bedside tables with drawers and an overbed table. We encourage incoming residents to bring small amounts of furniture to make the rooms a little more familiar and homely.
Every resident has access to both communal and private dining and living areas. Private dining areas are available for family functions with prior bookings through reception.
Minimum room size 14.5 sq
There are spot lights, sensor lights and over bed lamps enhancing the visual quality required for health, safety, and enjoyment of the room. Individual storage is moderate in size and the window is furnished with curtains and block out blinds. There is access to nurse call bell system, TV antenna point and phone line.
These room are generous in size and offer comfortable accommodation for couples wishing to remain together.
There are very spacious living areas throughout the facility and these rooms have access to private sitting areas at the end of each wing, tea and coffee making facilities are also for families and friends.