Social Support Services provide a range of services for older people and those with disabilities living in Boroondara. These services are designed to enhance health and wellbeing and to promote friendships and strengthen community participation. All the groups are run by qualified staff and are supported by volunteers from our local community six days a week from our centres:
- Canterbury Centre in Canterbury
- Marwal Centre in Balwyn North.
Planned activity groups include;
- Community Dining Room
- Exercise Classes
- Outings and Day Trips
- Hairdressing & Podiatry
- Art and Craft
- Brain Games
- Music, Film and Books
- Computer/tablet and smart phone tutoring
- (Learn, Laugh and Lunch) A day care program for clients with higher care needs that would also benefit carers
- Boroondara Blokes - Mens Group
- North Balwyn Senior Citizens Group at Marwal Centre.
Transport is available to most groups however booking is essential
A full calendar of events is available on our website www.basscare.org.au. If you would like a copy please phone us on 9880 4709 and we can send you our latest newsletter and calendar.