Welcome to Avonlea
Located in the picturesque sea-side suburb of Mentone on Port Phillip Bay, our home offers all levels of permanent and respite care and ‘Ageing in Place’ ensuring the personalised needs of our residents are met at all times.
Home to seventy residents, we offer modern and comfortable accommodation, peaceful gardens, casual lounge areas, all within a friendly community atmosphere.
In choosing Avonlea as your new home, you become a member of our Allity family. This means much more than a place to live. It is an active community that understands the importance of companionship, values and encourages independence while ensuring support is on hand at all times.
If life’s day to day tasks are becoming increasingly challenging, we have the expertise to help you or a family member make informed choices about aged care that best suits your individual circumstances. Whether the need is immediate short term assistance or long term care, we look forward to providing you with the guidance and forward planning to make the transition to care with confidence.
Features and benefits:
- 24 hour care by qualified staff
- Friendly and bright atmosphere
- Permanent and respite places available
- Safe and secure environment
- Single rooms all with ensuite
- "Ageing in Place"
- Extensive activities program
- Pet therapy
- Caters for couples
- Palliative care available
- Meals prepared by qualified Chefs and Cooks
- Local bus service to Southland Shopping Centre and to nearby Cheltenham Railway Station
- Hairdressing, physiotherapy, podiatry and reflexology available
- Doctors consulting rooms on site
- Pharmacy services offered.
Nursing home features
- Medium home (70 beds)
- Specialist services: Pet therapy, secure environment, physiotherapy, podiatry, reflexology, massage, dietetics, dentist, dental technician, mobile x-ray, doctors consulting room