Commonwealth Home Support Program
The Commonwealth Home Support Program ( CHSP ) aims to support older people to be independent at home and within their communities .
This support is provided through the delivery of entry level supports which are timely , centered around your personal goals and preferences and improve your quality of life .
Our programs include:
· Assistance with participation in social activities either individually or within a group environment.
· Assistance with house cleaning, attending any appointments and assistance with shopping
· Assistance with Nursing Services such as wound care and medication management.
Home Care Packages
Home Care Packages combine a range of support services tailored to meet your specific needs to give you choice and control in the support you need, and to assist you to stay independent in your own home. The types of services provided will be facilitated by your Consultant to suit individual requirements. They may be:
· Personal Care - help with showering, dressing, mobility and meal preparation
· Domestic Services - help with washing and ironing, house cleaning, basic home maintenance, modifications (such as hand rails in the shower), transport to help with shopping, appointments or to attend social events
· Clinical Care - nursing or other allied health support such as physiotherapy (exercise, mobility, strength and balance) and podiatry (foot care) and Occupational Therapy
There are four levels of Home Care Packages, starting at the Level 1 package which supports people with lower levels of needs though to a Level 4 package which supports people with complex care needs.
One of our Consultants will meet with you to identify what your needs and wants are and then design a package of supports to meet your identified goals .