Alzheimer’s Queensland understands that knowledge is a key contributor to good care. To support consumers and professional health workers, AQ offer a range of dementia education and training products. Our education offers practical advice on how to meet everyday needs and provide support to people with dementia so that they are able to maintain an independent, socially active and healthy life.
We hold regular training events at our Dementia Care Hub that is equipped with state of the art facilities. Please refer to our website for the education calendar.
Our training facilities are also available for hire and can be used to deliver distance education through video conferencing systems.
Alzheimer’s Queensland’s custom designed education sessions to meet your organisation’s needs includes topics such as:
- What is Dementia?
- Activities for People with Dementia
- Dementia and Night-time Behaviours
- Behaviours of Concern (Dementia)
- Depression in Dementia
- Dementia and Intellectual Disabilities
- Managing Swallowing Difficulties in Dementia
- Communication and Dementia
- Dementia Design
- Falls Prevention for People with Dementia
- Manual Handling for Frail Aged Person.
Please note: that we are able to deliver education sessions out of Brisbane.