Caring for someone is a big responsibility. To ensure you can continue in your caring role, it’s important for you to take some time off to focus on your own health and wellbeing.
ACH Group offers a range of services that support older people to live good lives.
Our 1700 specialist staff and hundreds of volunteers share the belief that older people should be valued, respected, connected to their communities and in control of their lives. This mindset drives our every action to put older people in control, to support them to lead a good life and continue to make a contribution to family, community and society.
ACH Group’s cottage based respite at Swan Cottage in Adelaide’s West offers a unique opportunity for your loved one to enjoy a ‘home away from home’ environment while you have some time out. Our services are available if you:
- Are caring for an older person
- Need a short break or require an overnight respite break from your caring role
- Are in the workforce and access to day respite allows you to continue your employment, knowing your loved one is happy and safe
Cottage based respite offers your loved one:
- Planned/emergency respite support to meet individual needs
- Day and/or overnight care
- Home-like environment care and activities
- Community participation
- Assistance to access appointments
- Referral to and planning appropriate longer term services
- Specialist staff.